Friday, September 12, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Yee-Haw Birthday Fun!

Happy Friday!  This has been a crazy week, I’m training for my first full marathon race next month and while I’ve been training for awhile I really felt the effects of it this week and have just been exhausted so I’m trying to get as much sleep as possible and am feeling better now.  This does mean I haven’t had a whole lot of time in the studio this week but I’m looking forward to the weekend.  Today I’m sharing my card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge (I knew this sketch would be fun so I had to play along).   Stampin’ Up releases a new photopolymer stamp set each month and last month’s set was Yee-Haw and it’s so cute and uber fun and perfect to make “dude” cards so that was the inspiration for my card.  I started with a cardbase of Soft Suede and then added a piece of Crumb Cake.  On the Crumb Cake I stamped the barb wire image in Soft Suede ink (these stamps being photopolymer make lining images up a breeze) and the Yee-Haw in Cajun Craze.

For the three squares I took some Soft Suede and Island Indigo cardstock, cut some squares using the Big Shot and the Squares Colllection Framelits and then embossed it with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  Next I stamped two of the cowboy hats, colored them with Stampin' Write Ink and a Blender Pen and then cut them out with Paper Snips before attaching to the card with dimensionals.  I stamped the greeting and used my snips to cut around the Rootin' Tootin' and sponged around the edges.  The birthday word is from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set and punched out with the Word Window Punch.

Now I had to make a cute little accent so I made some loops of Linen Thread and tied a knot.  I did add a brad around the knot (I didn't realize that this embellishment was retired but you could easily use a candy dot and candy dot for the same effect) so it looks like a lasso.

This is such a fun card with lot of little elements and texture to draw your eye.  I see lots of other great cards in my future with stamp set, can't wait!  
 
Make sure to check out all the other cards the design team is sharing and come play along, you have lots of options with this sketch layout.
 
Below are easy ordering links for all the products used in today's card:
Diana


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a super cute card. Love all the cut outs and the color combo. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card! It is my favorite of the week!!!!!! Colorful, fun, bright and cheery! I just might have to buy this set and CASE you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog