Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fall Halloween Fun!

Good morning!  So if you follow my posts regularly you know I love to play along with different sketch challenges, I believe it really helps me add variety to my projects.  Well I had planned on playing along with the Fab Friday sketch but before I had a chance to post my card I missed the deadline (oops!)  Well I still liked my card so I've decided to share it with you anyway.

I used Sahara Sand for the cardbase and then added a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock that's embossed with the Big Shot and Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  Next I added some strips of DSP from the Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper (one large strip and then a smaller one I made into a flag.  I also used some Basic Black Chevron Ribbon as another flag element.  I wrapped some Tangerine Tango Baker's Twine around the card front and then tied a bow with some Tangerine Tango and Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine.

For the stamped image I started with the Mingle All the Way stamp set and stamped the greeting with Momento Ink on Whisper White cardstock and then matted it with Hello Honey.  For some fun I stamped some cute little pumpkins using the Fall Fest stamp set (using Stampin' Write Markers to color directly on the stamp)  and the faces are another stamp (love that!) and I used Momento ink.  There are coordinating framelits that match this stamp set so it was really easy to cut them out with the framelits and Big Shot and dimensionals are the perfect way to help these pumpkins pop.

These pumpkins are beyond cute and super easy which I love, super fun and there are so many fun elements that really grab your attention.  I can also see this card working with other greetings from the stamp set by changing the color and decorative elements.

I'm really into Halloween projects right now, I've got to get a head start so I can get everything done.  Have you started on your Halloween projects?  Give it a try and you'll have lots of fun and be relaxing.  Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog