Friday, September 5, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Sketch Challenge: Bright & Beautiful Christmas Greetings

Happy Friday!  I have to admit I’m glad this was a short week to help us get back into the school and work routine after vacation and summer break, we’re getting better each day.  I don’t know about you but I’m ready to fully embrace fall and the upcoming holidays and am beyond excited for all the great products in this years Holiday Catalog, I can’t stop using these fun new items.  For this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge I decided to make a Christmas card using lots of fun goodies from the new catalog.  As you know I have love of all things stars right now so I was very excited to use the new Confetti Stars Border Punch as an accent and really drove the rest of the card.  I started with Cherry Cobbler for the Cardbase and added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder.  Next I took a piece of Gold Foil Paper and the Confetti Stars Punch and punched across so when I attached it to the cardstock the black shows through and the stars really pop. 

Next I used the Bright & Beautiful stamp set and stamped once with the medium star on Whisper White cardstock and Cherry Cobbler ink.  I used the smallest star and stamped on Basic Black cardstock with Versamark ink and used the Heat Tool and Gold Embossing Powder.  Then I used the Big Shot and the Star Collection Framelits to cut out both stars, easy peasy.  I used dimensionals to attach the smaller star so it pops and a Cherry Cobbler Candy Dot from the Regals Candy Dots was added to the center of the star before attaching it to the cardfront.

The last step is the greeting and I used the new super exclusive hostess set, Good Greetings, that
you can only get between now and October 31, 2014 when you host a party of $300 or more (an individual order of $300 or more would also qualify for this free stamp set).  This set has some awesome greetings and coordinates with the Endless Wishes and Endless Birthday Wishes stamp sets so make sure to add it to your collection.  The greeting is stamped on Cherry Cobbler cardstock using Momento Ink.  Do you like the shape of the cut out?  Wonder how I did that?  I used the Chalk Talk Framelits and only used part of the framlit to cut out my greeting (there are lots of great shapes you can create using the framelits if you use your imagination).  The greeting was attached to the card with dimensionals.

I really like the clean, elegant lines (with plenty of bling) of this card, plus it’s very mailable which is perfect for holidays.  I have to admit, typically I have our family Christmas cards completed by the end of August (minus the family picture) so I don’t have to stress about it but I haven’t made this years, or even know what I want to do, this may be a candidate, what do you think? 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on todays card:
Make sure to check out all the other cards the design team is sharing and come play along, you have lots of options with this sketch layout.

Have a great day and wonderful weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Diana! I always forget to look at the chalk talk framelits for ideas on different shapes. Will have to keep a mental note to look there next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! You are making me want that stamp set. But I'm trying to focus on fall right now! ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog