Friday, June 27, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Be the Star

Hello Friday, I've been looking forward to you for months, it's the start of vacation, whoo hoo!  We're looking forward to a fun week with family and lots of relaxing, perfect.  Before we head out I wanted to share my card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.  This was a really fun sketch that really leaves a lot to play with and interpret.  With some wonderful new DSP in this years catalog I decided to make the DSP the focal point of the card, in this case I used the Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper for the pattern and color selection.
 
I stared with Strawberry Slush for the cardbase and matted the DSP with some Basic Gray cardstock.  The greeting is from the Really Good Greetings stamp set and I used my Stampin' Write Markers to color in the stamp before stamping.  Then I cut the cardstock to be a flag and sponged around the edge with Pumpkin Pie ink.  I was so excited to see several different star products in this years catalog that all coordinate with each other, I've been a little obsessed with with (just wait until you see).  These stars are from the Be the Star stamp set and I used the coordinating Star Framelits to cut out both stars so they were super simple.  The larger star was stamped on Pumpkin Pie cardstock with Pumpkin Pie ink (I did add a star Rhinestone from the 2013-2015 In Color Sequin Embellishments.  The smaller star is stamped in Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White card stock (I did use a dimensional to attach the smaller star).
 
I have to admit these are not colors that I would not normally combine together but I have to say, I really like how they work together, it's fun to step outside our comfort zone.  I hope you take the time to see some of the other projects the design team is sharing and then come play along.  I can't wait to see what you come up.
 
Below are easy ordering links to all the products used on today's project. 
Diana


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog