Friday, May 9, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Great Sport

Good morning and once again, Happy Friday!!!  We can start relaxing in just a few short hours and while we have another busy Saturday I told the guys that for Mother's Day I really want to just relax ad enjoy so I'm really looking forward to it.  Since it's Friday it's time for another Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge and I have a fun baseball themed card since we've been really busy at the ballparks lately.  I really enjoyed this sketch but I decided to flip it on it's side so my stamped image would fit and used colors from Aidan's baseball team (thinking this would be a great end of season card).
 
The cardbase for this card is Crumb Cake Cardstock and I added a piece of Night of Navy cardstock that is embossed with the Big Shot and the Arrows Textured Embossing Folder.  I added a piece of Real Red DSP from the Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper that was matted with Whisper White cardstock.
 
The main stamped image is from the Great Sport stamp set (and is retired), and was stamped in Night of Navy ink and cut out with Paper Snips.  Next I stamped the baseball in Real Red and Punched it out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.  I used the Circle Collection Framelits to cut a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper to cut a little mat for the ball.  Dimensionals were used to pop the ball up off the card.
 
The greeting is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set (also retiring) and was stamped in Real Red ink.  I used the Chalk Talk Framelits to cut the greeting out so it had rounded edges (I just kept moving the paper in the framelit until I got the paper cut down to the size I wanted).
 
This card is so cheery and bright, I love it!  I have to say if you have kids for friends in sports this Great Sport stamp set is a must have for all sorts of projects, I used it earlier this year to make custom cupcake toppers for a friends daughters baseball banquet (even personalized them with each of the girls names).  It's also great to give cards for unusual occasions, or just because, it really helps brighten someone's day, which is awesome.
 
I hope you enjoyed this card and come check out the rest of the designers cards and play along, sketch challenges are a great way to get you started when you're lacking a little mojo and I've included easy ordering links below for the products used on this card.
 
Have a fabulous weekend and Happy Mother's Day!
 
Diana

 
 
Pin It!

2 comments:

Search This Blog