Friday, May 2, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Happy Watercolor Mother's Day Greetings

Happy Friday!  What a crazy week, it started with the fabulous catalog premier event for the new Stampin' Up catalog (I'm going to tease you and let you know the new products are fabulous and you're are absolutely going to love it), then after several days of heavy rain we've finally seen the end and now we're enjoying nice weather (I love it!) and we're looking forward to a great weekend of baseball, softball, and hopefully a little relaxing crafting time.  Since it's Friday I'm here to share my design time card for the Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.  Jennifer created a really fun sketch that I enjoyed using as inspiration.  I decided to channel springtime flowers and the Watercolor Wonder products suite from the Occasions catalog for this bright and cheery card, perfect for Mother's Day.

The cardbase is Smoky Slate cardstock and I added a piece of Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper for the background.  Next I added a coordinating strip of DSP that was matted with Tangerine Tango Cardstock and I cut out the half oval with the Big Shot and Oval Collection Framelits.

For the main stamped image I used the Happy Watercolor stamp set (I'm going to give you a heads up, this stamp set is not carrying over to the new catalog so you only have until the end of the month to purchase this stamp set).  I love how you can use the splotch stamp to "color" in the flower for a really simple and fun look.  The flower was stamped in Island Indigo ink and the splotch is Daffodil Delight, that I stamped off first for a softer effect.  I used the Oval Collection Framelits to cut out the flower and dimensionals were used to help the oval pop off the page.

The greeting is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set (which is retiring this month and I believe is only available in wood mount at this time) and used Stampin' Write Markers to color in the greeting and then sponged around the edges with Gumball Green ink.  The final touch was to tie a pretty bow using Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (this ribbon is also retiring and is currently on sale as one of the weekly deals and is a steal!)  I've included links for all the products used on this card for easy ordering, so have fun.

I'm still working on finishing up my Mother's Day gifts this weekend (nothing like waiting for the last minute, I know) but this card is definitely a contender.  What projects are you working on this weekend?  We would love for you to join us with this sketch challenge, I would love to see what you come up with.

Have a great weekend and happy crafting!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog