Friday, May 16, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Starburst Sayings

Good morning Friday, I'm so happy to see you!  In just a few short hours we'll be starting "Aidan and Mommies Weekend of Fun" since Chris is out of town and it's just the two of us and I can't wait!  Today I'm sharing the card I made for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday card sketch challenge and this was a sketch I designed and I made this card for a friend awhile back and am just getting around to sharing this card.
 
The cardbase is Pool Party Cardstock and I added a layer of Basic Black Cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the  Stripes Embossing Folder.  Next I added a strip of the Silver Foil Vellum paper that I backed with Whisper White Cardstock so the silver hearts really pop. I did wrap a piece of Pool Party Baker's Twine (that I got from the Valentine's treat bag kits that were sold awhile back but you could use any other coordinating baker's twine and be just fine).
 
The greeting is from the Starbust Sayings stamp set and was stamped in Pool Party Ink on Whisper White Cardstock before cutting it out with the Big Shot and the Starburst Framelits.  I stamped the saying a second time with Versamark Ink on Basic Black Cardstock and then heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool before cutting it out for a perfect accent.  I use the same Starburst Framelit to cut a piece of Silver Foil Paper.  The final accent was to cut a little arrow out of Basic Gray Cardstock with the Label Card Thinlits Die and popped it up with a dimensional.
 
I'm really in love with the Pool Party, Silver, Black and White color combination, I think it's just perfect.  I love this card and really helps someone know how you feel about them, even when there's no special occasion.  I know you'll want to make this card so I've included easy ordering links for all the products used below.
 
Enjoy and have a fabulous weekend!
 
Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is really lovely! I just love this color combination and all your elements!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog