Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Decor, MDS2 Style!

Happy Friday!  I have a lot of fun decorating for the holidays (all holidays) and especially enjoy making decor items for Halloween.  When I saw this new subway style Toxic Treats digital dowload for MDS2 I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  The great thing about this download was that all I needed to do was open up a new project with the file and send it to the printer, so easy.  With the new stamp coloring tool in MDS2 you could easily change the colors of any of the words in the image to match any color in your house.  Next I found a really cool frame that helped add to the antique nature of the decor.


I also decided to add a decorative accent to the corner.  I used the Toxic Treats stamp set and stamped the cauldren in Tangerine Tango and stamped over with the gate image in Basic Gray.  I punched the image out with the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and matted with a Tangerine Tango circle punched out with the 2 1/2" circle punch.   Next I took a 2" strip of designer paper from the Houndstooth and Harringbone DSP pack and scored it every 1/4" inch and accordian folded it to create a lolly.  I decided to add several different types of ribbon in layers for lots of texture, I used Basic Black 3/8" taffeta, Basic Gray/Black Striped Satin, Tangerine Tango Scalloped Polka Dot, and Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim ribbon at different lengths for perfect ribbon tails.  The final touch was some sparkly rhinestones.

 
This project turned out just like I pictured and works perfect with some of my other decorations.  You've got to try making hybrid projects with MDS2 which will make easy work for any project you have!
 
Enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog