Monday, October 22, 2012

Googly Ghouls Candy Corn Greetings

Another weekend has come and gone.  We had a fabulous time and were on the go non-stop.  We ran in a 5K for Aidan's school on Saturday, Aidan and his friend ran in the Hero Mile and had a great time.  Today Aidan and Chris were at the farmer's market with the Cub Scouts selling popcorn and then Aidan and I ran over to the pumpkin patch and had a great time picking out the perfect pumpkins (he even rode in the cow train that he loves to do every year).  So I've been working frantically on getting all my Halloween projects done so I can move on to the Thanksgiving items and I still have lots to share.  Today I'm sharing our family Halloween card, yes I know I do send Halloween cards to our family to let them know we're thinking of them.  So I saw this card that Wendy Weixler made and I knew I just had to make it (See Wendy's creation HERE!) because it looks like candy corn which is one of my all time favorite Halloween treats.
 
This card starts with a Basic Grey cardbase and then I ran strips of Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, and Daffodil Delight cardstock through the Big Shot with the Spider Web and Chevron embossing folders.  I also used the Big Shot, Whisper White cardstock, and the Finishing Touches edgelit for the decorative strip along with a piece of 5/8" Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon (retired).  I also added Naturals brads to the top right corner (some of Black, Grey, or Metallic brads).  Next I took a piece of Basic Black cardstock and embossed it with the Designer Frames Embossing Folder.  The next step I love, I took some Whisper White craft ink and a sponge dauber and lightly sponged the embossed frame so it really pops.  I stamped the little mummy from the Googly Ghouls stamp set and punched it out with the Wide Oval punch.  I added a googly eye (I love these guys) and popped the oval piece up with dimensionals.  The final touch was to stamp the greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set in Tangerine Tango ink, punched it out with the Decorative Label punch, and sponged the edge with Daffodil Delight ink. 

These cards are so yummy I'm sure everyone will love them.

Before I leave you thought I would share a couple pictures from the pumpkin patch.

 Aidan with one of the "perfect" pumpkins.  He's started posing for pictures and this elbow thing seems to be a favorite, he's too funny!

 Aidan pulling the wagon full of pumpkins.

Aidan in the corn stalks.  He decided to run the corn maze this year and had fun searching for all the hidden fruit and vegetable pictures in the field.

Happy stamping,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog