Friday, July 15, 2011

Convention is Awesome!

Happy Friday!
We are having such a great time this week and can’t believe how fast the time has flown. I wanted to drop and show 2 quick cards I made for swaps this week.
The first is a Christmas card that uses the Greeting Card Kids and Bells and Boughs stamp set. I embossed the front of the card (Cherry Cobbler) with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder and then took my Chocolate Chip marker to highlight the centers of each of the flowers so they can look like Poinsettias. The main image was stamped with Black Staz-on ink and then colored in with a Blender pen and classic ink pads. I punched the image out with the 2 ½” circle punch and then matted on a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock cut out with the Scallop Circle #2 Die. I did run the scallop circle through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder. I did add a bow with the Chocolate Chip Polka Dot Scallop Ribbon to the front.

Now this is a fun fold card in that it is a try pod, check it from the side. The inside has a piece of Whisper White cardstock that is stamped in Old Olive with the Bells and Boughs stamp set. Then the greeting is stamped in Chocolate Chip and punched out with the Decorative Label punch. Lots of sponging around the layers and the cards all set.
So pretty, this little girl is so sweet!

The second card uses the Word Play stamp set. This is a fun swap in that everyone participating is using the same stamp set to provide lots of great ideas! I used the globe image from The Open Sea Stamp set and stamped it off before stamping on Whisper White cardstock so it’s very subtle. Then I stamped the greeting in Not Quite Navy. I stamped the same image on a scrap of paper with Cherry Cobbler ink and then punched out the little globe with the ½” circle punch before attaching it with a dimensional for it pops. I also used the Nautical Expedition DSP and the Cherry Cobbler Baker’s twine for a more manly touch. Last but not least I used the paper piecer to punch dots in two of the corners of the card base.

This is very similar to the father’s day card I made for Chris this year but I thought it was too cute not to share.
I’m having so much fun this week, I can’t seem to stop smiling and hope you are having a great week as well.

Take care!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog