Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge #329: So Many Stars

Good morning!

I am definitely in Christmas mod for everything, and trying to get as much done so I can relax and enjoy all the holiday fun (why do we only have 3 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year??)  Today I'm using this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge for a beautiful Christmas card that has lots of bling, but isn't over the top.

I started with Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the cardbase and then used a piece of Night of Navy cardstock as the mat for the Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper cardfront.  I used a piece of Gold 1/4" Shimmer Ribbon to wrap around the center of the card.


Next I used the Stitched Stars Dies to cut the scrolled star image out of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  For the main star element, which also has the greeting, I used the So Many Stars stamp set and stamped the star design in Night of Navy Ink on Shaded Spruce cardstock and then stamped "Joy" in Versamark and used Gold Emboss Powder and the Heat Tool to heat emboss the greeting before cutting it out with the same star dies and using dimensionals to attach the star to the cardfront.  To finish off the card I added some Gold Glitter Enamel Dots around the image.

I love the colors of this card as well as all the gold accents (I personally believe ALL holiday cards should have some sort of sparkle or shine element!).  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing using this sketch and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog