Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge #PCC352: Gather Together

Good morning!

Despite it officially being fall the weather hasn't seemed to recognize the change in seasons so I'm using this weeks Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge to bring a little fall into our lives while we still have this summer weather.  For this card I decided to again use items from the Come to Gather Product Suite which was perfect for coordination and providing a fun color combination.

I started with Mint Macaron cardstock for the cardbase and then added Early Espresso as a mat for the cardfront which is a piece from the Come to Gather Designer Series Paper (I did sponge around the edge with Early Espresso ink for a more distressed look).

Next I wanted to create the layering of the sketch but using different shapes so I pulled out my dies and started by cutting a picture frame using Pretty Peacock cardstock and the Stitched Shapes Dies (the great thing about this, I already have a solid stitched square cut out that I can use on another project).  I took the large leaf image from the Gather Together stamp set and stamped it in Cajun Craze ink on Cajun Craze cardstock and cut it out with the coordinating Gathered Leaves Dies and then scrunched it out to distress it and sponged all over with the same Early Espresso ink and attached the leaf so it was a little crumbled and had texture.  I wanted to bring in a little more of the Mint Macaron so I stamped the small pumpkin duo on Mint Macaron cardstock using Pretty Peacock ink and cut it out with the dies before attaching with dimensionals.

To finish off the card I stamped the greeting in Pretty Peacock ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut it out with the Layering Circles Dies.  I also sponged around the edges of the circle with Early Espresso and took the wheat image in the stamp set and stamped it lightly over the greeting using Crumb Cake ink, that I stamped off once, for a very soft image.  Next I added a double bow tied with the Cajun Craze Linen Thread from Come to Gather Ribbon Combo Pack and finished off the card with a few pearls that I colored with the Dark Pretty Peacock Stampin' Blends.

I love the soft, elegant feel of this card and really plays with the colors that are on trend right now.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog