Friday, November 30, 2018

SSINKspiration Punch Art: Snow is Glistening

Good morning!  So excited for the arrival of this weekend as I have lots of holiday fun planned.  Today the SSINKspiration team is sharing projects using punch art.  Now I  know we've discussed this before and while there are some amazing punch art creators I do not seem to have that gift so I was a little stumped on today's topic and then decided to think simple, let some beautiful paper be the showcase and create a "tree" out of punched circles and die cut snowflakes.  I also thought this would be a great way to provide one last showcase for the Catch a Snowflake promotion items as today is the last day you can order them (and trust me you will want these items in your crafting toolbox for sure!)

For this card I used Gray Granite cardstock for the cardbase and then used Shaded Spruce as a mat for the Gray Granite cardfront.  On the cardfront I used the Snow is Glistening stamp set to stamp the dots all over the background.  Then I used the Joyous Noel Speciality Designer Series Paper and coordinating Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper to punch and cut the snowflakes (the Snowfall Thinlits were used for the snowflakes).  I did also use some of the White Velveteen Paper for the bottom left snowflake, now I know some of this paper has sold out but you can use this same idea with any of our fabulous papers for a great look. 

To finish off the card I stamped the greeting in Merry Merlot ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and then lightly sponged around the edges with Bright Copper Shimmer Paper before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

This is a unique looking tree I'll say but all the glitter and copper accents make it really pretty so I'm happy with it.  This is also a great way to use up scraps of paper you may have, I always hate to throw things away but you can't always keep every little piece around the house.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog