Monday, November 19, 2018

SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC54 (Sunburst): Timeless Tidings

Good afternoon!  It is time for another technique challenge over on the SSINKspiration blog and this month we're using the sunburst technique which I never used before but is super easy, and a great way to show off lots of patterns of paper (and use up scraps).

I used Old Olive cardstock for the cardbase and then added Early Espresso as the cardfront and the mat for my sunburst.  I cut several pieces of Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper and then cut them in half diagonally (the Stampin' Trimmer is perfect for this) and then started piecing the design together.  Now I'll admit, I planned on my card being tall but after I put all the pieces together I noticed my deer on the one piece would have been sideways so I just flipped the card and now my deer are right side up.  After I added all the pieces I used my trimmer again to cut off all the excess so I had nice clean edges.

To finish off the card I used the Timeless Tidings stamp set for the greeting and stamped in in Shady Spruce ink on Whisper White cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I used the Layering Circles Framelits and Real Red cardstock to cut a scalloped circle mat for the greeting and then attached the piece with dimensionals.

I love this card because it lets the designer series paper really be the star and you don't need lots of supplies to make it.  Go check out the other cards the design team is sharing and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog