Friday, May 4, 2018

SSINKspiration CASE the Designer (Pamela Wu): Truly Tailored


Good morning!  Inspiration comes from all around and all the amazing crafters who share their projects are certainly an inspiration for me so today the SSINKspiration designers are playing CASE the Designer and using Pamela Wu's projects and style as inspiration for today's cards.  I love the clean lines of Pam's cards so I decided to make a masculine card to get ready for my dad's birthday which is later this month (thankfully dad's not online much so I'm hoping he doesn't see this, and if you know dad mums the word).

I used Tranquil Tide cardstock for the cardbase and then added a cardfront using Crumb Cake cardstock and used the Truly Tailored Stamp Set (retiring) to stamp the diamond images along the right side using Night of Navy ink.

Next I used the True Gentleman Designer Series Paper (retiring) and added two flags as a base for my greeting.


The greeting is from the same stamp set and I stamped the greeting using Chocolate Chip ink (retiring color) on Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut it out with the coordinating Tailored Tag Punch (while the stamp set in this bundle is retiring the punch will be carrying over) and then I used my Tranquil Tide Stampin' Write Marker to add faux stitching around the edge of the greeting.  You may see a little bit of gold peeking out from below the tag punch, I took a piece of Gold 3/8" Metallic Edge Ribbon and colored it using my Tranquil Tide Stampin' Write Marker before attaching it so the tails peek out the bottom.

To personalize this for my dad I did stamp the "dad" sentiment (also in this stamp set) using Night of Navy ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and used a dimensional to attach it.







Here is Pam's original inspiration card, I didn't stray too much from her design, you can check out her blog HERE.






I'm really falling in love with the fabulous colors and patterns in this designer series paper and while I'm sad it's retiring I'll be using it for a lot of masculine projects coming up, super simple to make great masculine looking cards to let the "dudes" know how much we appreciate them.  Remember, all the retiring items I'm sharing are available while supplies last so you don't want to wait if there's something you want, place your order soon!

Below are easy ordering links for  product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend,

Diana

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What a great card layout... & colors! Love the way you've added "Dad" to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for CASEing me, love your take on the card, I am going to miss this DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love the little mountains on the side!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog