Friday, May 11, 2018

SSINKspiration Mother's Day: You're Inspiring

Happy Friday!  I'm so happy it's almost the weekend, with all the pollen and allergy issues this week I'm looking forward to a little downtime and rest.  Of course this weekend it's also about celebrating all our mom's.  Today the  SSINKspiration team are sharing some card ideas in case you're still looking for that perfect card for mom.  Even though with the crazy pollen I still love flowers so I decided to make a garden of flowers for mom that are totally pollen free.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Berry Burst cardstock as a mat for the cardfront that's Powder Pink designer series paper from the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper (retiring).

For the main stamped image I used the You're Inspiring stamp set and stamped the small tulip image across a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Versamark ink and then heat embossed it using the Heat Tool and White Embossing Powder.  Next I used sponge daubers and slowly started building an ombre look over the tulips.  Once I was finished I added a piece of Soft Suede cardstock for a mat and attached it to the cardfront.

To finish the card off I added the greeting which was stamped in Soft Suede ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I added a piece of Delicate White Doily (retiring) to just peak out of the bottom and then attached it to the card with dimensionals.  A double bow tied with Old Olive Baker's Twine (retiring) was the perfect final touch.

I love the look of this coloring, the emboss resist is what we used at last weekend's Kid's card class and I loved seeing how many different looks you can get with the same colors and sponge dauber.  You still have time to make the perfect card for your mom, so make it special!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

Search This Blog