Monday, October 9, 2017

SSINKspiration Welcome Baby: Special Celebrations

Happy Columbus Day!  Unfortunately I have to work today so I'm not off having fun with the guys but I'm with them in spirit and after our crazy busy weekend the work week may bring a little slower pace for a change.  One of our SSINKspiration design team members, Pam, is expecting a baby boy so today we decided to shower her with baby boy cards for the upcoming arrival.  As I'm past the baby phase I don't have a lot of stamps that would work with this but I was happy to see the Special Celebrations stamp set has greetings perfect for a little arrival.

I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Dapper Denim cardstock as a mat for the Bundle of Love Specialty Designer Series Paper.  For the stamped image I used the Special Celebrations stamp set and stamped with Dapper Denim ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Lots of Labels Framelits.  I wanted to make the greeting a little smaller so I trimmed it down on the top and bottom and then sponged around the edge with Pool Party ink.  Before attaching the greeting to the cardfront I tucked a little Delicate White Doily behind the greeting and then attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

I wanted to add a little something to dress the card up so I tied a double bow using Pool Party Solid Baker's Twine and then used the Big Shot and Mini Treat Bag Thinlits die to cute a little strip of hearts using Gold Foil Paper and attached it under the bow by just the corner so it floats on the card and has some added dimension.

This is a perfect card to welcome a little boy to the world and I'm so excited for Pam and her family.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team created, lots of different ideas to provide a little inspiration!

Below are easy ordering links for products used on this card:

Product List


Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card!! Pam will love it! I especially love the hearts you've stuck on there!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog