Friday, April 14, 2017

SSINKspiration Easter: Bunny Basket

Happy Friday!  A week of beautiful weather and we're so grateful.  Before we left for vacation I finished up all our family Easter cards and gifts and then brought them with us so I could finish packaging them and get them in the mail.  Today the SSINKspiration designers are sharing some Easter card/gift ideas so I thought I would share one of the Easter cards I made for family (they all should have arrived by this point).  This card is also packed with items that are on the recently released retirement list (not that I planned) but these items will only be available while supplies last so if they are on your wish list, don't delay in ordering them.

I started with Soft Sky cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Crumb Cake designer series paper from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack (retiring) as the cardfront.  I stamped the greeting, from the Bunny Basket stamp set (retiring) using Basic Black ink.

For the main image I started by taking a piece of Whisper White cardstock and cut it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I used an Aqua Painter and Soft Sky ink to color in the sky watercolor wash (set it aside to dry).  The bunny and eggs are also from the Bunny Basket stamp set and uses the coordinating Basket Builder Framelits (retiring and on sale for 50% off) and were stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with a mixture of Stampin' Write Markers, Watercolor Pencils, and a Blender Pen and were attached with dimensionals.

The whole stamped piece was attached to the cardfront with dimensionals and the final touch was to add a bow I tied using some Sweet Sugarplum 3/8" Ruched Ribbon.

I love the simplicity of this card and the cute Easter images in this set are so fun (I'll definitely be keeping these in my studio for future projects).  I've been working a lot on some watercoloring techniques and while I still have some work the simple watercolor wash gives such a pretty look, love it!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List
Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog