Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Salute to Retiring Favorites: Designer Tin of Carts

Good morning!  I'll admit it's a little hard getting back into the routine after vacation, the rest was just what we needed.  Since the retirement list has been released I thought it would be fun to share a few projects this week using items that are retiring so that you can make sure to order them before they sell out.  Today's card all started since I had the greeting stamped previously but hadn't used it on a project so I decided there's no better time to use these pieces up and get them onto completed cards so they're useful.

I started with Bermuda Bay cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock as a mat for the piece of designer series paper from the Pop of Pink Speciality Designer Series Paper pack(retiring) (both the Melon Mambo piece and the basic black printed piece are from the same DSP package so they coordinate, and were scraps I had so once again "use it up!") 

Next I took the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut both the largest circle out of Gold Foil and the greeting that is from the Designer Tin of Cards stamp set (retiring).  I wanted a little extra color so I added a circle mat out of Melon Mambo cardstock, cut out with the Big Shot and the Layering Circles Framelits, to go behind the greeting and attached that circle piece to the foil circle with dimensionals.  The final touch was to tie a bow out of Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine (retiring) and attaching it with a glue dot.

I love the simplicity of this card and how the colors pop against the black, with just a hint of sparkle with the foil.  I'm working on cleaning up the studio which means I'm going to be working on using lots of the scraps and pieces from my orphan pile (since I hate to throw things away) so let's see what we can create with pieces we already have to make room for lots of fun new stuff on the way.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog