Thursday, October 3, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog: Flippin' Awesome Halloween Card


Good morning friends!  So by now you know how much I enjoy Halloween and have been working on Halloween projects for the past couple of months so I was so excited when I saw that today's topic on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog today was Halloween.  I'm also loving the new Thinlet Card dies so I thought it would be perfect to combine the two for this fun Halloween card

I started with a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Label Thinlet Card die to create my cardbase.  For the back panel a took a piece of Witches Brew Designer Series paper and ran it through the Big Shot with the same die so the panel would match.  For the front I started by taking the stamp from the Halloween Bash stamp set and stamped the words in a row all down the front before adding a strip of DSP from the same Witches Brew package as well as a little sliver of Silver Glimmer paper.  I wanted a fun element to finish off the front panel so I stamped the bird image from the Toil and Trouble stamp set on Smoky Slate cardstock with Basic Black ink and cut it out with Paper Snips before attaching it to the card with dimensionals.
 
To create the front label element I took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped part of the large text image from the Toil and Trouble stamp set before cutting it with the framelit piece that fits inside the twisting label.  I sponged around the edge with Crumb Cake ink and then used Two Way Glue to add some Black Glitter around the edge.

I had to make a decorative piece for the inside twisting frame element so I used the label framelit to cut out a coordinating piece of Witches Brew DSP and then added the greeting from the Tags 4 You stamp set and punched it out with the matching Bracket Label Punch.
This card has so many fun elements, it's sure to please.  I have to warn you about these thinlet dies, it provides lots of opportunity to decorate and you'll want to continue adding elements so you'll find that you want to keep adding more and more (so fun!)  You'll definitely want to check out the other great projects on the Blog for other Halloween ideas.
 
Enjoy,
 
Diana


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Great card Diana! I love the DSP and the fun stamp in the label frame!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog