Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Retro Sketches Challenge: A Round Array Meets Tea for Two

Good morning friends!  I have to admit that I'm loving the arrival of spring, this is one of my favorite times of year as all the colors start to come out for the year, the temperatures warm up, and we're able to enjoy time outside.  I think the arrival of spring is why I've been focused so much on springy floral projects lately, and the Tea for Two Designer Series Paper.  For this weeks Retro Sketches Challenge, I decided to use lots of fun elements and textures to be the focus of this card.  The cardbase is Crumb Cake and I added a layer of Lucky Limeade and then Very Vanilla that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Lacy Brocade embossing folder before being sponged with Crumb Cake ink. 

Next I added a strip of Tea for Two DSP that was matted on Primrose Petals cardstock before cutting the flag tails. A piece of Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon and Natural 7/16" Ribbon Trim to mimic the flag tails.  Along the top a added a strip of flower trim that I colored first by dabbing the trim in my Pink Pirouette ink pad and then took my Primrose Petals marker and added some dimension to the flowers with the darker color.  For the greeting a used the new A Round Array stamp set (it's a sneak peak set currently available from the upcoming annual catalog) and is punched out with the 7/8" scallop circle punch and then matted with a piece punched with the 1 1/4" scallop circle punch.  The greeting was attached to the card with a dimensional to add some extra "pop."

This is a fun challenge and you can use so many elements, this soft, floral card is so lovely. 

Enjoy and happy stamping!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog