Monday, April 22, 2013

Paper Craft Crew Challenge: Feel Goods

Good morning!  We had another fun filled weekend that included a clean up day at Aidan's school, an awesome baseball game (we've never seen the boys play that well so it was so fun to watch, they ended up losing but are really coming together as a team), and we tried out a new local frozen yogurt store, which was AWESOME, we'll definitely be going back.  Today I'm sharing my card for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Challenge.  This challenge through me off at first but then I really had fun with each of the elements and really enjoyed using all the different designer series papers (I love how are paper packs have coordinating patterns which makes mixing different patterns easy.
 
The cardbase is Baja Breeze (I'm sad that this color will be retiring in a little over a month so I've definitely been stocking up, have you?) and then all the designer series paper is from the Twitterpated DSP pack.  The butterfly was cut out with the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die and Big Shot and I added a few pearls in the center for the body.  I used the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch to punch out the Riding Hood Red dsp.  The greeting is from the Feel Goods stamp set and was stamped in Riding Hood Red being being cut out with the Labels Collection Framelits and Big Shot and then sponging around the edge with Pink Pirouette ink before being matted with the same framelit with Pear Pizzaz cardstock (yes that's right, Pear Pizzaz is coming back into the lineup and I'm so excited!!!)  The final touch was to add three of the larger pearls along the bottom right side.
 
This card is so soft and fun with all the different patterns that I think really work well together.  Just a reminder Stampin' Up! will be releasing the annual catalog retirement list for stamp sets and accessories this Wednesday.  You'll definitely want to check this out (I'll be posting it to my blog) and make sure you order any items that are on your must have list.  The stamp sets will all be available through May 31 but the accessories will only be available while supplies last and I'm sure there will be some that sell out very quickly (some of the products with the retiring colors are already sold out so please don't wait, I would hate for you to miss out).  If you need any assistance, please let me know.
 
Have a great week!
 
Diana


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. How funny, I've just pulled out my Twitterpated Dsp to use on a project myself. All those patterns co-ordinate so well and enhance your stamped greeting panel. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at The Paper Craft Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this card. The papers are amazing together! Thank you for playing with the Paper Craft Crew this week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, that sentiment is really growing on me - I think you've pushed me over the edge! Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Craft Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, I love your card! Gorgeous combination and bringing all the elements together. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew and we would also like to CONGRATULATE you on being one of our Featured Artisans. (Also, Are you on the Remarkables? I'm new to the Remarkables) ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam and how exciting, this challenge is a lot of fun. Yes I am a Remarkable, congrats on joining the team!

      Delete

Search This Blog