Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gently Falling - Sketch Challenge

Good evening!  I hope you had a good weekend.  I had a great time at a team meeting on Saturday and stamp class today as well as starting to put up Christmas decorations (I'm happy to report our tree is up, decorated, and beautiful).  I saw a sample of this emboss resist technique at my meeting yesterday and knew it would be perfect for this weeks Stamping 411 challenge once I saw the sketch. 

The card base is Crumb Cake with a piece of Spice Cake designer paper.  The main focal image started with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  I used the En Francis stamp set and Crumb Cake ink to stamp the background words.  Then I stamped the solid leaf image from the Gently Falling stamp set with Versamark ink and embossed it with Whisper White embossing powder.  Then I used a stamping sponge to add Pear Pizzaz and Early Espresso ink around the leaf.  I also sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink. 
The finished image was matted on an Early Espresso scallop square piece that I cut out with the Scallop Square Duo die and the Big Shot.  The ribbon is Crumb Cake 3/8" taffeta ribbon and I used one of the Antique Brads in the center.  The greeting is from the Petite Pairs stamp set, which is quickly becoming one of my new favorite greeting sets,that was punched out with the oval punch and sponged with Pear Pizzaz ink.

I love how this card turned out!  It has so much dimension and texture.

I hope you enjoy and happy stamping!

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Stunning!! what a beautiful technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your taffeta ribbon! Great technique and the dsp is an awesome choice. Makes your focal point really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job, Diana -- love the shading and embossing! Great job with this week's Stamping 411 Sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog