Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge #310: Fabulous Flamingo

Good morning!  We're finally getting a shot at spring which is fitting perfect with this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration challenge theme, I love all these bright cheery colors and images but I have to say that little flamingo in the flower pot immediately caught my eye since I have a thing for flamingos (only started over the last year) and I recently received the Fabulous Flamingo stamp set and hadn't even had a chance to ink it up.

I started with Pool Party cardstock as the cardbase and cut the shape for the Whisper white cardfront and Granny Apple Green mat (this may have been actually the hardest part of the entire card since I messed my stamping up the first time and had to start over (that shape doesn't work well with just flipping it over and trying again, haha!

I stamped the flamingo first and used Blushing Bridge, Flirty Flamingo, and Melon Mambo as my pink shades, along with Basic Black, Pool Party, Granny Apple Green, and Shaded Spruce for all the other stamping.  Now I must confess, I had a little smudge on the top of my Whisper White piece hence the sponging along the top to create the sky look which actually worked out in the end. 

The greeting was stamped in Melon Mambo ink on Blushing Bride cardstock and then cut out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and attached with dimensionals.  I also added a couple of rhinestones for some bling.

Now to finish off the card I knew I wanted something in the bottom corner so I pulled out the Tropical Thinlits Dies and cut a couple of branches using Shaded Spruce cardstock and then the flower was actually cut out using one of the dies and the Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper and then I sponged around the edge with Melon Mambo ink to brighten the flower up.  Before attaching the flower with a dimensional I made some loops using Silver Metallic Thread and attached it to the back of the flower.

I am absolutely in love with the colors and texture of this card, it screams spring and makes me want to pull out my summer flamingo decorations (soon!!!).  Make sure to check out all the great cards the design team is sharing using these pictures as inspiration and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog