Friday, January 26, 2018

SSINKspiration Favorite Occasions Designer Series Paper: Color Me Happy

Good morning!  I've had Valentine's on the brain lately and I'm starting to think of ideas for all my Valentine projects so it only makes sense that for today's SSINKspiration blog post where the designers are sharing their favorite designer series paper from the Occasion Catalog that I picked the Painted with Love Speciality Paper.  I mean this paper has gold foil on every page and I love that not all the patterns are strickly hearts and valentines but you can use it for other occasions, so I decided to make a thank you to show how versatile it is.

I started Melon Mambo cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Powder Pink cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Scattered Sequins Dynamic Embossing Folder.  Then I added a piece of the Painted with Love Speciality Designer Series Paper.

For the main stamped image I used the Color Me Happy stamp set and stamped the greeting on Whisper White cardstock using Memento Black ink.  Next I used the Pink Pirouette, Calypso Coral, and Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blends to create an ombre effect.  Once I was finished coloring I cut it out using the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits.  I used the same framelits to cut the mat out of Rich Razzleberry cardstock and then attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  The final touch was to tie a bow using the Love Mini Tinsel Trim and attached it using a glue dot (this tinsel plays great against the foil in the DSP).

I never get amazed how a little foil or sparkle really dresses up a card, no matter the occasion and all these colors are so bright and cheer, you can't help but smile.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing and I'm sure you will fall in love some of the new DSP's and want to add them to your next order.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog