Thursday, June 1, 2017

Watercolor Fun with Crafting Forever

Good morning!  We all know the new 2017-2018 Annual catalog will be released today (whoo hoo!)  so I wanted to share a card with you using one of the great new stamp sets, Crafting Forever.  This set has some great creative greeting but also the images are perfect, not just for crafters, but for students, teachers, just about anyone.  This set is also great since it's line art which means you get to have a little fun coloring.

I started with Crumb cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock as a mat for my cardfront which is White Shimmer cardstock (great for watercoloring).  To create the watercolor wash I used my Aqua Painter and reinkers to add some color.  I actually did several layers, letting it try in between, so I could add different layers of colors.  Once the cardfront was fully dry I stamped the greeting using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (I find this ink works great for watercoloring so it doesn't bleed).

For the stamped image after stamping I cut it out using the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and then started coloring.  For these I used my Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pens to get just the right color.  The one thing I want to point out is the pot.  To give it a more terra cotta look I first colored using the Chocolate Chip Pencil and blended it and then colored over it with the Calypso Coral Pencil and blended it again and it gives it some great texture and more realistic coloring.

Once the coloring was finished I just added a piece of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon to peek out from behind the oval and used dimensionals to attach to the cardfront.

This card took a little more time because of the coloring but I really had fun and just relaxed and I definitely have some special friends who will really appreciate this card and what's the point of making cards to just hold onto them, make a card send a card, right?  Let's spread a little love and sunshine.

Crafting Forever is one of the top items on my favorites list  in the new catalog so make sure to add it to your first order!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog