Monday, January 30, 2017

SSINKspiration Manly Monday: Nailed It

Good morning and Happy Monday!  We're approaching the end of January, is there any way to get these days to slow down?  At least we got to enjoy some fun times this weekend which is really the best!  Today on the SSINKspiration blog it's Manly Monday and the designers are sharing some fun ideas for the guys in their lives.  I love these cards, maybe it's because I'm in a house full of guys so I always need "dude" cards.

I started with Delightful Dijon cardstock for the cardbase and then added Basic Black cardstock for the cardfront.  On this layer I used some Very Vanilla Craft Ink (for a past Paper Pumpkin Kit) and the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to stamp some subtle splotches on the background.

Next I took a piece of Silver Foil paper and embossed it with the Big Shot and Hexagons Dynamic Embossing Folder (this is such a fun new embossing folder, you'll love it!  I also added a strip of Urban Undersground Speciality Designer Paper for a punch of color.

Have you seen the new Nailed It stamp set and coordinating framelits in the Occasions catalog?  These are so fun and perfect for guys.  After stamping some of the tools I colored them with Stampin' Write markers and cut them out.  On the parts of the tool that are supposed to be metal I added some Clear Wink of Stella to add a little sparkle. 

I had the idea to make the tools look like their sitting in a pants pocket so I took a piece of Dapper Denim cardstock and punched it out with the Best Badge Punch (I trimmed off the top).  To add a little texture to the pocket I took my Dapper Denim Stampin' Write Marker and just added some random marks to highlight texture.  I also used the White Gel Pen to add some stitching around the edge of the pocket.  When attaching the pocket to the cardfront I left the top open so I could easily tuck in the tools.  The final touch was to add the greeting, which is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Delightful Dijon ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I used the Big Shot and Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits to cut out the greeting and then dimensionals were used to attach the greeting.

This bundle and all the coordinating products in their years Occasions catalog are so much fun, it will make those masculine cards and projects so fun and easy (I see lots of uses coming up, especially for birthdays and Father's Day)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:


Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute with the tools in the pocket!! And I love the silver embossed strip!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog