Friday, December 23, 2016

SSINKspiration Christmas Cards: Detailed Santa Chalkboard Style!

Happy Friday (and Christmas Eve Eve)! Today’s my last day of work (yeah!) and the guys are joining me this afternoon for my Holiday party at work, Aidan will get one last chance to put in a good word with Santa before the big day!  Today the SSINKspiration designers are sharing what are probably our final Christmas cards of the season (can’t believe it’s already here).  I’ve decided I’ve waited long enough and decided to share our family Christmas card for the year with you (I’m hoping everyone I’ve mailed them to has received them at this point).  I always start designing our family Christmas card over the summer when the Holiday catalog is first released and try to have it all completed (minus the picture) by the end of the summer, some years I’m more successful than others.  This year as soon as I saw the Merry Medley stamp set and Detailed Santa Thinlits I knew they would be on this year’s Christmas card.

I started with Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Basic Black Cardstock that was stamped with the Merry Medley stamp set and Whisper White Craft Ink for the perfect chalkboard effect background.  I used the Candy Cane Lane Baker’s Twine to wrap around the bottom and tie a bow.
Next came the fun part…the Santa.  I used the Big Shot, Detailed Santa Thinlit, and Whisper White cardstock to cut out the Santa.  It’s actually really easy, you just need to poke out all the little pieces of each Santa (did I mentioned I made 70 of these cards?)  After getting the Santa’s all glued on the background I realized it needed a little bling (shocking I know!!)  So I then proceeded to cut Red Glimmer Paper for the little pieces of the ball on Santa’s hat and glue them on (again cut these 70 times, haha yes I am just that crazy!)  The final touch was our picture and after getting family pictures taken it was convenient that we coordinated with the colors of the Christmas card so I just cut them out with the 1 ¾” Circle Punch and attached the picture with dimensionals.

I absolutely love this card!  It has lots of my favorite things and just makes me smile.  I don’t normally make lots of the same card (and when I do it drives me a little batty, but it is so worth it this one time a year).

Below are easy ordering links to the products used on today's card:



Have a great weekend and a Merry Christmas!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great card, Diana!! Very creative! Love your family photo & the red on Santa's hat! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog