Friday, July 1, 2016

SSINKspiration Red, White, and Blue: Baseball Fun

Happy Friday!  The holiday weekend is just about here and I can’t wait!  Aidan is heading to Boy Scout camp for the week which means we have a “kid free” week and Chris and I are planning some adventures while he’s gone.  Earlier this week we finally had Aidan’s baseball team end of the year party (with all the crazy rain we had this spring there wasn’t a tournament and the end of the season ended with a cancelled game so things were up in the air but we finally got an email that said “The Cubs Win, The Cubs Win”)  I decided to make cards for all of the team coaches for Aidan to thank them for all their support and instruction this year so I decided to use today’s Red, White, and Blue and star them over on the SSINKspiration blog as the inspiration for the card design (plus it fits since it matches the Cubs colors).  Earlier this week a lady shared a card she made using on of this months Paper Pumpkin stamps for a perfect baseball so I was off and running.

I started with Pacific Point cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Crumb Cake Cardstock.  I did a lot of stamping on this piece to really build texture and dimension.  I used the Timeless Textures and Gorgeous Grunge stamp set along with Crumb Cake, Pacific Point, Real Red, and White Craft ink for each of the elements.  Some stamps were stamped off once or even twice before stamping to help soften the coloring.  After about the sixth different stamp I finally had to back away and be done with the background.  I also stamped the greeting on this layer, using a stamp from the Suite Sayings stamp set and used my Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker to color in just the “thanks” part of the stamp before stamping.

Next I added a piece of Real Red Designer Series Paper (from the Brights DSP Stack) and matted it with Pacific Point cardstock.  To make the baseball I started by cutting a circle out of Whisper White cardstock using the Big Shot and Layering Circles Framelits and then I stamped using the Paper Pumpkin dashed circle using Real Red ink and only stamped part of the circle to make the strings on the baseball (isn’t it perfect??)  I attached the baseball with dimensionals to the cardfront and then wanted a little bling (I know…) so I cut a small star using the Star Framelits set and Gold Glimmer Paper and it was also attached with dimensionals.

This card really came together fast (once I stopped stamping layers on the cardfront) and I love the fun baseball and will definitely be using this idea again for other projects, including scrapbook pages.  The other design team members are sharing some fun ideas using this theme so if you have time to check them out.

Below are easy ordering links to the products used on today's card:



Have a great holiday weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Diana, You really hit it out of the park with this card! Ha! The baseball is perfect but my favorite part is the background! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for the coaches. I also love that textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I should open my Paper Pumpkin box! I was wondering how you made that fabulous baseball! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog