Monday, May 9, 2016

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Card Sketch SSINKCS33: Words of Truth

Good morning!  I hope you all enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend.  Mine was nice and quiet, which was perfect.  Today over on the SSINKspiration blog it's time for a new sketch challenge.  This was a really fun layout and I decided to use it for a card to give Aidan later this week when he starts his standardized testing (always makes him a little nervous).  I also decided to continue my showcase of retiring products and trying products for unusual uses.

I started with Basic Gray cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Honeycomb Embossing Folder (retiring).  Next I added two pieces of designer series paper from the Have a Cuppa Designer Series Paper stack (I'll admit this wasn't tops on my list of must have's and this is my first time using this paper but found these prints that would work well for a guys card).  On the smaller piece I did stamp using Bermuda Bay ink  the "I'm proud of you" sentiment from the Words of Truth stamp set (retiring).

I used the same stamp set for the "remember" and stamped it using Basic Black ink on Bermuda Bay cardstock and then sponged all around the edges.  Of course this cards needs a little bling and stars are the perfect compliment so I used the Big Shot, Star Collection Framelits, and Silver Glimmer Paper to make a large star outline.  The smaller accent star was made using the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (retiring) and some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and that I colored using a sponge dauber and Bermuda Bay ink.

This card is so fun and I think Aidan will enjoy finding this card in his lunch bag the day of one of big tests.  The other design team members have made some great cards using this months sketch so go check them out and then play along and share what you create, can't wait to see them!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:


Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog