Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Fab Friday Color Sketch: Oh, My Goodies!

Happy Wednesday!  I've been having a little extra play time in the studio lately (yeah) so I've been enjoying making some cards using some of the stamps that will be retiring.  For this card I decided to use the Fab Friday color sketch and this was great since Lost Lagoon has been one of my favorite recent In Colors and it's retiring this month as well.

I started with Lost Lagoon cardstock for the cardbase and then used Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardfront, which I embossed with the Big Shot and Brick Wall Embossing Folder (and then sponged all over with Soft Suede ink to highlight the embossing).  I added some sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment, as well as the In Color Sequins (retired).







For the stamped image I used the Oh, My Goodies stamp set (retiring) and used Stampin' Write Markers to color in the image before stamping on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I used the Big Shot and Deco Labels Framelits (retiring) to cut out the greeting along with the mat using Soft Sky cardstock.  For the mat I embossed it with the Big Shot and the Softly Falling Embossing Folder and then sponged around the edges with Lost Lagoon ink.  I wanted some extra texture so I added a piece of ruffled Hello Honey 5/8" Stitched Cotton Ribbon (retiring) along with some tags of Pool Party 3/8" Glitter Ribbon (retiring, this stuff is awesome!!)

This saying is so great and something we should all strive for.  I love how these colors work together and you can "antique" the look by just adding a little sponging, and of course sequins and glitter make everything better!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:




Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card!! I love the saying on this stamp!! The brick wall looks great!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so pretty! You have combined textures so well - I love it! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great textures and the sponging on the Brick Wall really makes it stand out. I'll miss a lot of these supplies too! Great job showcasing so many of them! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful simplicity, Diana. This brick wall is perfect for this lovely sentiment. I'll miss this stamp set. Thank you so much for playing along with this FabFriday color challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog