Friday, September 11, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Witche's Night

Happy Friday!  I like these short weeks as it helps get us back into the routine and we're looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend (what can be better) and since we'll be home I'm looking forward to some quality crafting time (yeah).  I've been having so much fun with all the great items in the new Holiday catalog, it's really reinvigorated my joy in crafting which is lots of fun.  Today I'm sharing a card using lots of Halloween products from the catalog to create my card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.  I have to admit, when I first saw this sketch I was a little worried that this card could get really busy but once I decided to embrace it I really had fun.

I started with Smoky Slate cardstock and used the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch on the cardbase, as well as the designer series paper I used as the background, it's from the Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper and I added a piece of coordinating DSP for the large flag.



The greeting is from the Witches' Night stamp set (this is great set that coordinates with the Witching Décor Project kit and may be order looked but it has some great large images that are so easy).  After stamping the greeting using Tuxedo Memento Black ink on Very Vanilla cardstock I cut it out with the Big Shot and Lots of Labels Framelits.  I sponged around the edge of the greeting using Tangelo Twist ink before attaching it to the cardfront.  I added a knot I tied using the Tangelo Twist 5/8" Striped Cotton Ribbon up at the top.  For the other elements, I used the Sweet Hauntings stamp set to stamp the little potion bottle and the Howl-o-ween Treat stamp set (and coordinating framelits) for the little spider.  Both of those elements were attached to the card with dimensionals.




I love all the great Halloween products in this catalog and how they work so well together and to help you make quick and easy projects that everyone will enjoy (that's what it's all about).  I'm starting to work on Halloween kits for Aidan's teachers and class this week (yes I need to do things early so I'm not as stressed) and know that I'll be using these stamps and accessories for lots of other projects, can't wait!!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have a fabulous weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog