Friday, January 9, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Memorable Moments

 Happy Friday peeps!  I don’t know about you but I’m certainly ready for the weekend…I’ve been working on getting rid of this bug that just won’t seem to go away so I’m hoping for a little rest along with all the family fun we have planned, including Pinewood Derby, Basketball games, etc.  Before I get started on all the weekend fun, it’s time for our weekly Sketch Frenzy FridaySketch challenge.  This week we were given a great basic layout that we could really play with.   We recently celebrated a couple of friends milestone birthdays so I decided to use this sketch for one of the cards (and had to wait until I gave the card in order to share it!)

I started with Blushing Bride for the cardbase and then added a piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of DSP from the Flower Pot Designer Series Paper Pack (I used the DSP Blushing Bride Chevron Ribbon behind my stamped accent piece.  For the stamped piece I used the Memorable Moments stamp set to stamp the greeting so I could personalize it for my friends 40th birthday (love the flexibility this stamp set offers for personalization!).  After stamping, I cut it out with the Big Shot and Label Collection Framelits before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

 
This card turned out nice and fun and pretty all at the same time and it really suits my friend so I hope she likes it.  The other design team members shared some fun cards as well so please go check them out and then play along with the sketch, I would love to see what you come up with, it’ll be great for any project on your To Do list this weekend.

 
 
 
 
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Have an enjoyable Friday and hope you get some crafting time this weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog