Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Paper Players Theme Challenge: Happy Hour

 I'm loving that our summer weather has finally arrived here in Northern Virginia and along with the warmer weather has come the humidity, wow it's been crazy this early in the year.  so when I saw this weeks Paper Players theme challenge, summer and holiday I was already in the mood.  Nothing says summer more to me than bright colors and tropical drinks with umbrellas so I used that as the inspiration for this card.  The cardbase is Rich Razzleberry and then I added a piece of Pumpkin Pie polka dot paper from the Perfect Polka Dot DSP package and matted it with Going Gray and Whisper White Cardstock.  I added a strip of of Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain ribbon and then knots with the same ribbon in Real Red, Whisper White, and Going Gray.

I used the Happy Hour stamp set for the tropical drink and inked the stamp with Stampin' Write Markers before stamping.  I used the same technique to make the rainbow umbrella and then cut it out with my Paper Snips and attached it with a dimensional.  The drink was punched out with the Extra Large Oval Punch and then matted on a piece of Tempting Turquoise that was punched with the Decorative label Punch.  The final touch was to stamp the greeting and I used my paper trimmer and snips to cut just around the words so the piece was nice and small.

If this card won't get you in the mood for summer I don't know what will.  The bright cheery colors are perfect for a friend with a summer birthday.

Have a great day,

Diana
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Well, I think we have the same ideas for summer. Love the polka dots and striped ribbon. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun and summery card! Love you little bows! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Player this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, summery card....makes me want to have an Orange Julius right about now! Love your little ribbon accents too! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I haven't had an Orange Julius since I was a kid, they were great. Thanks LeAnne!

      Delete

Search This Blog