Monday, May 27, 2013

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge: Word Play Meets Blue Ribbon

Good evening friends!  I hope you had an enjoyable holiday weekend and were able to spend some quality time with friends and family.  We had a great time but it's definitely over too quickly.  I'm a little late but I wanted to share the card I made for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Sketch challenge since I really had a lot of fun with this one.  On top of providing the sketch below we were challenged to make our project a graduation theme, which is perfect this time of year.  The cardbase is Cherry Cobbler and I added a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot with the Hexagon Embossing Folder.  Next I added a strip of First Edition Speciality DSP (can't believe this is retiring), some Cherry Cobbler Polka Dot Scallop Ribbon, and some World Spectacular DSP

The greeting is from the Word Play stamp set (also retiring, boo!) and I used Stampin' Write Markers to ink it up before stamping and then cutting them out with the Big Shot and the Oval Collection Framelits.  The edge was also sponged with Crumb Cake Ink.  For the circle accent I took a half of a paper doily and sponged it with Crumb Cake ink and cut slits so I could fan the doily.  The final accent was to create a cute ribbon to congratulate the graduate.  I stamped the center image from the Blue Ribbon stamp set and punched it out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch.  I used the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and Scallop Circle punch to create the final layers for the ribbon.  The tails for the ribbon were stamped from the Blue Ribbon stamp set and I used Paper Snips to cut them out.  The final touch was to attach the ribbon with dimensionals so it really pops.
 
This card has lots of layers and dimension which is so much fun, a perfect way to mark that special day!
 
Enjoy,
 
Diana

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I love your card with all the different textures. Thank you for joining Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Diana, not only with the sketch but also the suggested theme. Well done and thanks for playing along this week with the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn, this challenge and theme was fun!

      Delete

Search This Blog