Thursday, March 14, 2013

Paper Players Sketch Challenge: Oh, Hello

Good evening and another Friday is upon us!  While it's been a crazy week I was able to sneak down into the studio for a little bit to make card for this weeks Paper Player's Sketch Challenge tonight.  This weeks challenge was a color challenge and these are fun ask they really help get you out of your comfort zone.  All week I've been thinking about the card I was going to create however I have to admit the final product looks nothing like what was in my head.  The cardbase is Crumb Cake and I embossed it with the Big Shot and Hexagon embossing folder.  Next I added a half of a circle paper doily, Lucky Limeade Designer Series Paper and strip of cardstock that I stamped the chevron image from the Oh, Hello stamp set, first in Early Espresso for the outline and then the patterned stamp in Regal Rose (definitely need the stamp-a-majig for this). 

For the main focal image I stamped the chevron oval, from the same stamp set, in Pool Party the greeting in Early Espresso and then cut the whole thing out with the Oval Collection framelits and the Big Shot.  I added lots of embellishments, first with a bow made from Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon and the Pool Party printed designer brad.  The final touch is one of the flowers from the floral trim the I died with a sponge dauber and Regal Rose ink.  This is a close up of the main image.
 
Now check out the challenge we were provided.  I have to admit while this card didn't end up how I initially envisioned I really like how it turned out.  It's got just the right amount of softness which is offset with the graphical elements, so fun.  Feel free to use this color challenge and see what fun things you can come up with.
Have a great weekend!
 
Diana

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Simply stunning. This one I need to pin so that I can CASE it in the future. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog