Friday, March 22, 2013

Elegant Birthday Greetings, Feeling Sentimental

Another Friday has arrived, whoo hoo!  I'm definitely looking forward to some down time this weekend, plus my birthday weekend officially begins on Sunday and I can't wait.  Early this week I we were celebrating a friends birthday and I enjoy making her pretty cards, but I had to wait to share until she received it.  This card uses the Tea for Two Designer Series Paper for the color pallet along with the Feeling Sentimental stamp set (today is the last day to get this stamp set for FREE) along with the Oh, Hello stamp set for the chevron oval. 
 
I used the coordinating Ovals Collection framelits and the Big Shot to cut out the oval as well as the Needlepoint Border embossing folders (can't believe this is my first time using it, too cute!  I added a strip of First Edition Speciality DSP that was punched out with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch as well as some Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon.  The final touch was to add one of the flowers from the Floral Trim (I used Pool Party ink and a sponge dauber, along with the Island Indigo Stampin' Write Marker to add color and dimension to the flower (so soft and pretty).
 
This card was so fun and turned out so soft and cheery, perfect for birthday greetings and I'm sure my friend loved it!  I'm really hoping that we get some spring weather so we can start enjoying time outside.  I hope you enjoy and get some time relaxing and being creative this weekend.
 
Enjoy,
 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog