Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wacky Wishes: Sketch Challenge

Good evening friends!  After traveling for several weeks we enjoyed spending some quality time together as a family this weekend and I have to say I'm LOVING the start of the Olympics and watching all the amazing athletes, it was a great accompaniment in the stamp studio.  For this weeks Stamping 411 challenge I decided to nice and bright.  I used the Summer Smootches DSP as the foundation of the card (this paper is definately one of my favorites this year).  The card base is Island Indigo and is a 4 1/2" square card.  Alternating with the DSP is a square of Old Olive that I embossed with the Lattice embossing folder and the main image which was stamped with the Wacky Wishes stamp set (colored directly on the rubber with different Stampin' Write markers to make the rainbow) and then embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder.  The finishing touch was adding a bow with Rich Razzleberry stiched 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, perfect.

This was a fun challenge and something that could definately be used for different occasions and stamp sets.  I have to tell you something funny, part of my projects this weekend was to make all the birthday and thank you cards we were going to need for August.  So after making this card I was looking through my supplies since I needed to make a birthday card for one of Aidan's classmates.  All the sudden a light came on, why don't I just use the sketch card I made, which I knew would be perfect for a little 7 year old princess, it's great when unexpected things just work out.

Hope you enjoy and have a great week!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. We are big Olympics watchers too! Your card is so bright and summery! Thanks so much for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors and shapes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog