Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day Treat!

Happy Valentine's Day!  I'm so excited, not only do I love this holiday but it is also Aidan's "birthday eve" so we're in for a whole week of celebrating.  Today I wanted to share the treat I made for Chris.  For those of you who know Chris he really dislikes this holiday and thinks it was created by the card, flower, and candy companies to make money (and he does have a point) but he embraces the holiday because he knows Aidan and I love it (he's definately a keeper).  So this year I wanted to give him a little treat that I knew he would love and his favorite candy are caramel cremes so I made this box with the Fancy Favor die and decorated in manly Real Red DSP and black (it also happens to match the card I made him and showed on Sunday).  I cut the hearts with the new Hearts framelits (love how easy they are) and spritzed the black heart with shimmer spray I made with the Champagne shimmer paint.

The strawberry is from the P.S. I Love You stamp set and I colored directly on the stamp with Old Olive, Real Red, and Chocolate Chip to get the three colors stamped at the same time.  Next I added some Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to the top of the berry and Crystal Effects to the dipped chocolate part so it looks shiny and wet.  The final touchwas the greeting (this saying is awesome!) that is from the same stamp set and I snipped the edge to make it look like a flag.

I love how this turned out and think he'll really like that his favorite candy is in it.

Hope you have a fantabulous day and get to spend some time with your loved ones.

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog