Monday, June 20, 2011

A Father's Day Card - Just in the Nick of Time!

Happy Monday!


We had a great weekend this weekend with friends. We hosted our annual neighborhood BBQ this Saturday and had a blast with our friends and neighbors which was a great way to kickoff summer (complete with a fire and smores in the evening!) The only downside to this full day is that I was a little behind in making Chris’ card for father’s day so I had to whip one up Sunday morning. Robin Merriman had made a great card last week that I really liked so I decided to CASE it, check Robin’s card out HERE.

This card highlights the Word Play and The Open Sea stamp set. I stamped the globe with Basic Grey ink that was stamped off for a lighter image. Then I stamped the words from Word Play with Not Quite Navy ink directly on top of the globe. I used Cherry Cobbler ink to stamp the words a on a scrap piece of paper so I could punch out the little globe with the ¾” circle punch which was then popped up with a dimensional. This piece was matted with a piece of Not Quite Navy cardstock. Next I matted a piece of Nautical Expedition DSP on Not Quite Navy (this corner piece was perfect with the palm trees. I wrapped a piece of Whisper White/Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine around the DSP and then tied a bow.

The final touch was to stamp a father’s day greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set in Cherry Cobbler, punched it out with the Modern Label Punch, and sponged the edges with Not Quite Navy ink before attaching it with dimensionals.
The card turned out great and Chris loved it, even if the ink was barely dry when I gave it to him!  Hope you all had a special father's day with your loved one's as well.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog