Sunday, October 3, 2010

Christmas Greetings - Sketch Challenge

 What a great weekend! I was able to attend Stampin’ Up! Regionals in Baltimore, MD yesterday, and all I can say is “Awesome.” We had such a great time and learned so many new things that all I want to do is try everything immediately. I also had the opportunity to site with some great ladies from PA along with my travel buddy, Patti. So this morning I hit the stamps early and my first project with for this week’s Stamping 411 challenge. I really liked this week’s sketch since I don’t usually use multiple panels like this so it was something new.

This card uses the Bells and Boughs stamp set and the fabulous Deck the Halls DSP from the Holiday mini catalog. I used two different patterns and matted them on Always Artichoke cardstock before placing them on the Crumb Cake card base. I took a piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon and wrapped it around all three panels. Then I tied a bow with the ribbon and the new Basics Glitter Brads (I saw this great ribbon technique on Gretchen Barron’s blog (check hers out here). The great is stamped with Early Espresso in and punched out with the new Decorative label punch. I used sponge daubers to apply Cherry Cobbler ink around the edge of the label before using Dimensionals to adhere the label to the card. The final touch is three small pearls in the top right corner.


I wasn’t sure how this card was going to turn out when I started but I really like how elegant it turned out.

Have a great week!

Diana
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got to go to a regional, I haven't had one close to me in a few years!! Your card is gorgeous, thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this one!! Very vintage which is my style!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I tell you how much I love this card? That dsp with the holly is just so breathtaking!!!! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun using the DSP! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! I love that double bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Diana, this so pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog