Sunday, January 31, 2010

Beary Best Valentine

Happy Sunday from snowy Virginia! We enjoyed another snowfall this weekend and when it was all done we ended up with over 7" of snow. We loved staying inside and watching the snow fall and after digging out we enjoyed playing in the snow (Aidan made is first snow angel and had a blast). After a week break I'm back to valentine's and today's creation for the Stamping 411 challenge uses the stamp sets from the Build a Bear Collection.

The card starts with a base of Ballet Blue cardstock. Then I took a piece Real Red Cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder (love the texture!). Then I wrapped a piece of Brocade Blue 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon around the Real Red cardstock before placing 2 Vintage brads through the ribbon.

The stamped images are from the Beary Best Friends stamp set that are stamped in Basic Black in and the greating is from the Beary Best Wishes set and was colored in with Stampin' Write markers before stamping. I just took the plunge and got some of the SU! watercolor crayons so this was my first time using them along with a blender pen.

I used the Bearly Lovely Sizzlit die to cut out the pieces for the love heart that the 2 bears are sharing.

This is going to be Aidan's valentine this year and I think he'll love it. He's just getting introduced to build-a-bears and today he and I spent time decorating some of the die cut bears so stay tuned, I'll be posting pictures of our beary great creations later this week.

Enjoy!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. So cute!! I think Aidan is going to love his valentine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stinkin' cute! Love this one Diana!
    Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is adorable! I can see my daughter wanting to make these for her friends at school! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwww.....how sweet is this? Aiden is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and more cute! I love how the heart is in between them like they are both holding it. Your coloring with the watercolor crayons and the blender pen is marvelous wouldn't know it was your first time. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card. Makes me wish my daughter was a little younger and still into bears. So very, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable couple they make!!! And a super cute card too!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Stamping 411!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet Valentine card...he'll love it!
    Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411 this week!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog