Thursday, January 21, 2010

Aidan's Class Valentine's

As soon as I saw the Sweet Centers stamp set and Treat Cups in the Holiday Mini catalog I knew exactly what I wanted to do for Aidan's class valentines. Aidan loves to make special gifts for his friends and loves lollipops so I decided to create a heart version with our treat cups. I used Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette from last years In Colors since they're perfect for Valentine's (and I need to use up some of my retired stash).


After stamping the image I cut each heart out with Paper Snips and used the 1 3/4" circle punch to punch the center. I created a template for the larger heart to add to the back and cut them out as well. Unfortunately after I did this I found that the treat cups weren't completely hidden by the front heart so I had to do a little trimming before filling the cups with Valentine's M&M's. You can't tell from the picture but I also took the heart stamp from the Sprinkles Stamp set and stamped the back since you can never have too many hearts on a valentine! I took a lollipop stick and used Sticky Strip to attach the hearts to the stick before tying a bow with the great striped grosgrain ribbon.

These took much longer than I originally thought (especially since I had to make 20 of them) but Aidan loves them and is soo excited to give them to his friends.
Enjoy and have a great day!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog