Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge #PCC323: So Hoppy Together

Good morning!  I've been working on Valentine projects lately so they're on my mind so while I'm featuring the So Hoppy Together stamp set this week I decided to use these frogs to send valentine wishes and used this weeks Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge for the layout. 

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added Real Red as a mat for the Soft Suede cardfront which was embossed with the Big Shot and Oh My Starts Embossing Folder.

Next I used the So Hoppy Together to stamp this frog on Whisper White cardstock and used my Stampin' Blends to color him in (note, to help ground him I added some Crumb Cake at his feet so it looks like he's standing on dirt) and then cut him out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I used the same framelits to cut the mat oval out of Basic Black cardstock.

Now for the fun accents, I used the Big Shot and Be Mine Stitched Framelits to cut the little floral piece out of Crumb Cake cardstock (just wrap the cardstock so it matches the oval shape versus being straight) and then added a piece of Granny Apple Green 1/2" Textured Weave Ribbon behind the ovals.  I used the same framelits to cut the small heart out of Real Red cardstock and added some Rhinestones as accents.

The greeting is from this months Paper Pumpkin kit (which is totally adorbs and is exclusive to Paper Pumpkin subscribers which is why you need to be a member) and was stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the Classic Label Punch and attached with dimensionals.  The final touch is a small bow tied with Linen Thread.

I love how this card turned out and is perfect for dudes or if you don't want to go overboard with hearts, flowers, and pink (trust me I love all those things but not everyone I send cards to does) and this little frog looks like he's singing a love song perhaps?  Make sure to check out all the other great cards the design team is sharing for inspiration and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog