Thursday, June 9, 2016

SSINKspiration New Catalog Favorites

Good morning!  So the new 2016-2017 Annual catalog has been released for a little over a week, and I’m sure you’ve been pouring over all the pages and enjoying all the great new products and samples to inspire us.  Do you have any favorites yet?  I say favorites because if you’re like me your Wish List is quite long.  Well today some of the SSINKspiration designers are sharing projects made with their favorite new catalog items.  So I’ll admit I’m still waiting for my order to arrive (it comes today, whoo hoo!) so I was limited to items I ordered during the preorder but two of my favorite items so far aren’t stamp sets (crazy, I know!)  I love shaker cards and they have been a little intimidating to me in the past so I was super excited to see the adhesive foam strips and Sprinkles Punch.  These two items make shaker cards super cute and easy!  I also used the new Painter’s Palette stamp set which has the great easel to display my shaker.

I started with Flirty Flamingo cardstock (one of four fabulous new in colors I used on this card) for the cardbase and then took a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the cardfront and started by stamping the easel from the Painter’s Palette stamp set using Basic Black ink.  I stamped the easel twice, once on the cardfront and a second time on a scrap piece of paper so I could cut it out using the Big Shot and Layering Squares Framelits (these new framelits are great and I was able to cut both the out and inner squares at the same time to create the frame).  Next I took a piece of Window Sheet cut down to size and glued it to the back of the easel cut out before attaching pieces of Foam Adhesive Strip all around the edge of the cut out.

Next I used some of the other images from the stamp set and used Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, and Sweet Sugarplum ink to stamp in the top and bottom corners to create for lots of added color (not for the splatter at the bottom I stamped off once before stamping with the Dapper Denim so the image wasn’t too dark to stamp the greeting over it using Basic Black ink.

Next I punched out lots of confetti using the Sprinkles punch and added to the center of the easel (I did actual glue a few pieces to the cardfront so that they all didn’t all to the bottom of the easel when the card stood up).  Before adding the cut out I also added some sequins from the Metallics Sequins for a little sparkle.  Then I took the adhesive off the foam strips and attached the easel frame over the cardfront to seal the shaker (see super easy).  The final touch was to add a small bow to the top of the easel that I tied using Emerald Envy 3/8” Ruched Ribbon (this stuff is awesome!!).

I love all these fun and cheery colors and the addition of the Denim and Emerald doesn’t make it “super girly”.  With this new punch and adhesive strips I see lots of shaker cards in my future, possibilities are endless.

Don’t forget, today is the last day to sign up for this Sunday’s Just Cards Class, I hope you can make it and we’ll be making some other fun cards with new catalog products as well!

Below are easy ordering links for the current products used on today’s card:



Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog