Monday, April 11, 2016

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Card Sketch SSINKCS32: Bravo

Happy Monday!  What a crazy weekend, I think we saw almost every type of weather on Saturday (except for warm weather) but it did change our plans and gave us some unexpected family time which is always fun, and I even had time in the studio which is always refreshing.  Since it's the second Monday of the month, you know it's time for this months card sketch challenge over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog.  Bree gave us a really fun sketch this month to play with and I decided to use for a congratulations card (with SOL testing coming up soon I like to have some cards on hand to cheer Aidan on as he works so hard to get ready for complete these test, it can be a little stressful.

I started with Garden Green cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Schoohouse Designer Series Paper (love that this looks like notebook paper).  On the DSP I stamped splatter using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and Garden Green and Daffodil Delight ink.

For the greeting I used the Bravo stamp set and stamped on Pool Party cardstock using Garden Green ink and then matted it with Tangerine Tango cardstock.  I added a piece of Pacific Point 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon to the side for a little flair.

For the final elements I decided to go with stars, you know I love them.  I used the Big Shot and Star Framelits dies to cut a star outline out of Gold Glimmer Paper and the Brights Designer Series Paper (used Pacific Point).  For the smallest star inside the gold star I used another piece of the Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper and the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  I used dimensionals to attach the two smallest stars to the cardront.

I definitely seem to be in a brights frame of mood right now (maybe I'm compensating for the delayed spring) but I love the bright cheery colors and know my little man with enjoy the message and bit of bling (and not a trace of pink in sight which he really dislikes).  The other design team members have also made some great cards using this sketch layout so make sure to go check them out for inspiration and then come play along.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today' card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog