Thursday, March 10, 2016

SSINKspiration March Blog Hop: Sale-a-bration is Running Out!



Good morning!  With the last little burst of winter last week spring definitely charged in with a fury this week, and I love it!  With the arrival of March it’s also the last month of Sale-a-bration, our best and biggest sale of the year so time is running out to take advantage.  In honor of Sale-a-bration for this months Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog hop we’re focusing on all the great products you can earn for FREE with each qualifying purchase this month (and there’s no limit to how many FREE items you can earn).  During SAB is when I stock up on all my cardstock, adhesives, prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription, etc. so I can earn free items for things I already use all year long!!
As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number #3 on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - Kathy at Kathy's Stamping World. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.

I decided to showcase the Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper as my Sale-a-bration item and used this weeks Creativate Team challenge as the layout inspiration. I started with Lost Lagoon cardstock for the base (can’t believe this color is retiring in a few months, boo!) and then added a piece of the Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper as a nice background and then used another pattern for the inset piece.  For the greeting I used the Greatest Greetings stamp set and was stamped on Hello Honey cardstock using Blackberry Bliss ink and then added a little piece of Watermelon Wonder  1” Dotted Lace Trim along the bottom (note, Watermelon Wonder is not one of the colors in the DSP but it’s close enough and coordinates well.  I also added one of the 2015-2017 In Color Blossom Embellishments on the greeting piece for fun.

I needed to add something to help dress this up so I decided in honor of spring to add some fun butterflies.  I cut 2 using the Elegant Butterfly Punch and then embossed them with the Big Shot and Elegant Dots Embossing Folder and then added rhinestones in the center for the body.  I wanted a smaller butterfly so I stamped one using Old Olive ink on Whisper White cardstock using the Kinda Eclectic stamp set (since I don’t have the coordinating punch I cut this little guy out with Paper Snips) and also added rhinestones for its body.  By carefully folding the butterflies and then using Tombow glue just down the center of the butterfly you can fold the wings up so there’s more movement on the card.

This card definitely screams spring and I’m sad I haven’t used this paper much so far during SAB, but I definitely have a supply to use on future projects (perhaps lots of birthday cards for #imbringingbirthdaysback). 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s project:



 Make sure to check out the rest of the blog hop for lots of other great ideas.  If you click the “Next” button, you’ll go to Leanne’s site but you can also access any of the hopper’s site from the full blog list below.

http://literallymyjoy.blogspot.com/2016/03/ssink-blog-hop-sab-items.html

Blog Hop Participant List:
  1. Darcy at Dj's Stampin Place
  2. Jenny at Jenny G Paper Crafts
  3. Kathy at Kathy's Stamping World
  4. Diana at Stampin Fun with Diana
  5. Leanne at Literally My Joy
  6. Melissa at The Stamp Doc
  7. Pamela at Stinky Tofu

Have a great day,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog