Monday, June 8, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Card Sketch: Guy Greetings

http://ssinkspiration.blogspot.com/2015/06/june-card-sketch-ssinkcs22.htmlHappy Monday!  It was a nice and relaxing weekend but I have to say I will be so happy when school gets out, Aidan was assigned one last major project so we spent most of Sunday working on the project (and no access to my computer for my tasks).  Thankfully Aidan's project is almost finished, we just have a little more to do.  Of course I did take some time to get into the studio and create, including my card for this month's Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration card sketch challenge.  I decided to get really crazy with things and combined the sketch challenge with the Fab Friday color challenge.  I'm in the frame of mind for guy cards with Father's Day coming up so I decided to take a more masculine take for this sketch and the colors work perfectly for this.
I started with Crumb Cake for the cardbase and stamped with the Woodgrain stamp set and then sponged around the edge with the same color ink.  Next I added a piece of Night of Navy cardstock as well as a piece of Hello Honey cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and ZigZag Embossing Folder.  Next I used the Guy Greetings stamp set and stamped the antique car image in Marina Mist Ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut it out with the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits.  I sponged around the edge with Marina Mist ink and then matted the car with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and Gold Foil Sheets.  I created a second mat using Night of Navy cardstock and the Starburst Framelits.
 
The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped with Night of Navy ink and cut out with the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits.  I also sponged around the edge of the label with Marina Mist ink.  I created a little accent piece behind the greeting by punching out a piece of Marina Mist cardstock and the 1 1/4" Circle Punch.  Of course I used dimensionals to attach the greeting to the cardfront.
 
 
I really like how this card turned out by combining both of these challenges and may have to remake this card and change up the greeting for a Father's Day card.  This months Just Cards Class is going to be "all about the guys" so we'll be making perfect cards for all the dude's in our lives, no matter the age and this will be one of the cards we make so make sure you don't miss out!
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card: 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a great day!
 
Diana
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the color combo and how you changed up the sketch just a bit. Fun team sketch challenge card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep telling myself I don't need this stamp set, but you are making me lose my willpower! This is a great card and you did a great job with both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome masculine card! I love how you paired the wood grain with the guy greetings to create to create a vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana - what a great card! Love the combination of colors with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful guy card! The combo of the woodgrain and vintage car with the more geometric embossing is a perfect mix! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog