Sunday, January 13, 2013

Easy Events Valentine Swap

Happy Sunday friends!  I'm back from Orlando and while I had a great time in Orlando and learned so much I'm so happy to be home and spending time with my family.  I have one more swap card to share with you from this weeks Leadership Conference.  This is a card I made for an organized swap that I've been in for several events and the ladies are fabulous talents and make great cards.  I decided to use the Easy Events stamp set which is a very versatile stamp set for any occasion and is updated with lots of products from the new Spring catalog.  The cardbase is Pool Party and I embossed with the Perfect Polka dots embossing folder and Big Shot.  Next I cut a heart, out of Real Red Core'dination cardstock, with the Hearts Collection Framelit, embossed it with the Hexagon embossing folder and then sanded it.  I cut out some hexagons out of the More Amore Speciality DSP.  I also added a strip of DSP from the same paper pack (since it's distressed around the edge of the 12x12 piece of paper I sponged around the other edges with Primrose Petals ink so it was uniform and matted that on a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock that I punched with the Scallop Border punch.
 
For the main stamped image I stamped it in Basic Black in on Very Vanilla cardstock and sponged around the edges with Sahara Sand ink.  I used a blender pen and classic ink pads to color in the image.  To dress things up I added little tags of Primrose Petals Stiched Satin and Victorian Lace ribbon and I used dimensionals to attach the greeting to the card due to all the ribbon and heart layers.
 
I love how this card turned out and so did my swap ladies.  I'm still working on valentine's and may be having to make more of these, we'll see.
 
Happy Sunday,
 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog