Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Occasions Alphabet - Sketch Challenge

Good morning!  What a beautiful day, we're currently vacationing in the OBX this week so I thought I would start by sharing the view I have as I type this post:


Absolutely awesome!

Anyway, before we left I was able to make my card for this weeks Stamping 411 challenge but didn't have time to post. 

I drew the color combination for this card from the Timeless Portrait DSP (love it!).  The colors are Cherry Cobbler, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla.  I sponged the edge of the cardbase and the DSP with Cherry Cobbler ink to add some depth.  The ribbon is Island Indigo ruffled ribbon (fabulous) and I actually made a huge bow for behind the greeting.  The greeting is from the Occasions Alphabet stamp set and was colored with Stampin' Write markers and then punched out with the Modern Label Punch.  I cut a mat out with the Punch Windows Die and the Big Shot.  The final step was attaching the greeting with dimensionals, due to the height of the ribbon I had to use a total of 8 dimensionals (4 on each end) to build up the layers and WOW does it stand out.

Now check out the sketch layout, love how simple this is and is perfect for several different options.  I hope enjoy.

I thought I would end with a picture of the kids swimming last night, which they loved.


Have a great week!

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! You have inspired me to use that beautiful stamp set to create my submission for this challenge. I'd better get to work. Have a great vacation!
    Sue Erickson
    www.soggystamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is really pretty!! I love that DSP too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is totally beautiful! You rocked the sketch! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog